Here is the list of parts you will need to build your own FPV racing drone.
You will need some basic tools to build your quadcopter
- DroneBuildr Toolkit
- Soldering iron (at least 50W)
- Lead free solder
- Solder sucker (incase you make a mistake when soldering)
- Electrical tape
The Basic Quacopter
These are the bare essentials you will need to build and fly the quadcopter drone.
- ZMR 250 Kit - this is the starter kit that includes all the basics you will need including a carbon fiber frame, 2204 2300Kv motors, 5x30 propellers. 12A ESC and a flight controller in one kit.
- 1300mAh 3S Lipo Battery
- SkyRC E3 Battery charger
- Flysky I6
If you want to add the live video feed to fly FPV this is what you will need.
- FPV 200 or FPV 25 bundle - this bundle includes a FPV camera, video transmitter and the required cables to connect everything.
- Cloverleaf antenna set - optional extra to improve your video signal
- VR-007 FPV Goggles - to view your video feed
We have a full assembly guide for the ZMR 250 kit which will guide you through the build, but if you have any questions or problems be sure to let us know in the comments and we will help.